Reporting Issues and Requesting Service

The city makes it easy for you to let us know about potholes, vandalism and other non-emergency issues and to request service. Use an online application called YourGOV to report issues, complete with location, details and photos by clicking this link. You can also install an app on your Android or iPhone for reporting on the go. Click here for a YourGov video tutorial.

Download the Free App

Use the YourGOV site to report issues you notice such as graffiti, illegal dumping, parks/trails concerns, problems involving storm drainage, street and street signs, traffic signals and trees or other vegetation. Note that residents are responsible for clearing tree debris that fall on to their property regardless of where the debris came from (including from City owned property).

Waste Management
Newcastle residents have weekly collection for garbage and every-other-week collection for recycling. If your container(s) were at the curb by 6:00 am and were not emptied by 6:00 pm, please report a missed collection by clicking here or call 1 800 592-9995 (Monday through Friday 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.).

Street Light Outages
The majority of streetlights in Newcastle are maintained by Puget Sound Energy. The only city-owned and operated streetlights are along Coal Creek Parkway and on Newcastle Way between 129th Avenue Southeast and 132nd Avenue Southeast. Use this PSE link to report any street light outages or problems. You will need to have the number from the white Intolight (left) or PSE ID tag (right) to enter your report.

PSE Pole identification

Front desk personnel would be happy to report issues to PSE on customers' behalf if they call 425-649-4444 and can provide the following information: 
1. Contact Information (name, e-mail, & phone number)
2. Street Light Information
a. Closest Street Address
b. Pole Number
c. Problem Description (light out, light on all the time, light turning off and on, light broken, or other)
3. Additional comments (if any)

Power Outages
Do not call 911 if your power is out, unless your safety is at risk. Instead, report the outage at or call 1-888-225-5773. Get up-to-date outage information, including restoration estimates, on the Puget Sound Energy outage map here.

Accessibility (ADA) Issues
The City of Newcastle is committed to full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to provide programs, facilities and services to all people. Send an email to the ADA Coordinator directly to report an issue. We also offer the same services to everyone regardless of race, color, income, national origin or English proficiency in compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Email the City Clerk directly with any complaints or requests for accommodation.

Reporting Non-Emergency Police Issues
Some issues are best addressed by Newcastle Police. Concerns with abandoned vehicles, identity theft, nuisance phone calls, vehicle break-ins or thefts of all types, or suspicious activity should be reported to police. The fastest way to contact police about non-emergency issues is to call 206-296-3311.

The city contracts with the King County Sheriff's Office for police services. You can submit a report online at the Report to Sheriff web page. You can also use this system to add information to a police report you previously filed online, over the phone or with an officer. Newcastle residents assist the police in making the community safer. Submit an anonymous tip on this web page.

If Reporting an Emergency Call 911

City of Newcastle | All Rights Reserved | Powered by CivicLive | © 2024 Civiclive.