The Finance Department serves the City of Newcastle by providing the accounting, budgeting, and financial management support which is key to the daily operations and long term decision-making for the city. Our responsibilities include:
Assisting the City Manager and City Council in development of annual budgets
- Forecasting revenue and expenses for financial planning
- Monitoring actual revenue and expense performance of adopted budgets
- Accounts payable and receivable and payroll
- Serving as the liaison with the Office of the State Auditor
- Managing the city's fund balances and investments
- Business licensing and registration of solicitors and alarm monitoring companies
City of Newcastle Honored for 2017 Budget Presentation
The City of Newcastle’s Finance Department received the Distinguished Budget Presentation Award from the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada (GFOA) for the eighth straight year. This award reflects the commitment of the city and staff to meeting the highest principles of governmental budgeting.
The Finance Department staff is dedicated to providing a full accounting of tax dollars. The annual budget serves as an important tool in managing the city's finances.